Sunsail’s base at Wickham’s Cay II, Tortola, is the starting point for a British Virgin Islands Bareboat Yacht Charter sailing holiday exploring stunning Caribbean sailing waters. Situated on the outskirts of Road Town, it is the perfect "jump off" start point for an incredible British Virgin Islands' sailing adventure. This destination is ideal for families, groups and couples with less experienced sailor at helm with sailing in consistent trade winds.
The British Virgin Islands has all of the essential elements for the ultimate sailing experience in one perfect place: easy deep-water island hops, consistent trade winds, line-of-sight navigation and plentiful sheltered anchorages. Striking white sand beaches boast extraordinary rock formations and a great selection of laid-back bars and restaurants. Water visibility of 100-130ft makes snorkelling, kayaking and paddle-boarding a real thrill, spotting hawksbill turtles, manta rays, eagle rays, trumpet fish and angelfish. For even more adventure, Sunsail can hook you up with local dive schools and all kinds of other cool activities on the water, under it or over it!
Sailors who joined us here also found a Lefkas (Greece) and Abacos (Bahamas) Yacht Charter ideal.
- Sailing level 1
- No sailing licence required but recommended
- Buoys, anchorages, marinas and quayside moorings
- Line-of-sight sailing
- Day at The Baths
- Stroll through the watery grottos to Devil's bay
- Snorkelling over coral at the Indians
Sailing in the BVI
A British Virgin Islands yacht charter from Tortola, with its easy, deep-water sailing between sixty stunning islands, is suitable for sailors with just a little previous sailing experience, which novices can gain at our on-site RYA sailing school.
The liveliest holiday time here is generally around Christmas with the more secluded period during the summer months.
- Temperatures: Temperatures average 26º - 30ºC (78 - 86ºF) year round.
- Wind: Winds in the winter are generally northeast trade winds. Summer winds come from the southeast.
- Moorings: Buoy, anchorage, marina and quayside moorings.
What's included ?
To make sure that you get the most out of your British Virgin Islands Yacht Charter, we have equipped all of our yachts with the highest specification kit to help provide comfort, performance and fun onboard;
- In-depth cruising area briefing
- Full technical briefing
- Starter cleaning pack
- Bed linen and bath towels
- Full cylinder of gas and a tank of water
- End of charter cleaning
- For ease of mind 24/7 emergency number
- 4 Hour Guarantee protection in the event of mechanical faults or breakdowns
- Outboard provided with all dinghies
- Snorkelling equipment
All that’s left for you to do is relax and enjoy your sailing holiday with family and friends.