Maximising holidays, minimising footprints
We love the destinations we sail and the people who live there. To protect their futures, we’re working to reduce our impact on the environment and local communities.
We use local labour and suppliers, biodegradable cleaning products and innovative products such as solar torches and LED lighting. By minimising negative social, economic and environmental impacts, we hope to preserve these amazing destinations for generations to come.
We want to lead the way in responsible tourism. Some of the things we’ve achieved so far include:
- Investing £10 million in developing our base in Tortola.
- Using biodegradable cleaning products such as Ecover.
- Building a better working relationship with local communities.
- Ensuring our suppliers operate in a sustainable and responsible way.
- Reducing our carbon footprint at our bases and sales offices.
- Building an award-winning LEED certified office in Clearwater, Florida.
- Funding environmental impact research in St. Vincent.
- Specifying the inclusion of holding tanks.
- Pioneering the use of environmentally correct fouling.
We work to reduce antifouling pollution, limit our carbon footprint and operate responsibly in all of our destinations. We implement sustainable initiatives at our bases, each backed by our commitment to providing responsibly operated holidays. Explore our destinations.
Our fleet has new features to make your sailing holiday as responsible as possible, minimising its impact on the environment. Explore our yachts.
We strive to give back to the community and environment. To do this we’ve teamed up with a number of charities and non-profit organisations, including Sail 4 Cancer, The Green Blue and Sports Relief Sail a Mile. Additionally, our TUI Activity Charity Day gives our employees the chance to work with a charity of their choice one day each year.
To support the charities we work with, we contribute £1 for every £1 you donate.
If you wish to make additional donation you can do it on the following link.
We’ve made responsible tourism one of our core policies. This means we’re working to preserve the environment and support the culture and people of our destinations.
We do this by improving our environmental performance, reducing our carbon emissions, training our colleagues on responsible tourism and giving you more sustainable travel options. So no matter what sensational destination you’ve chosen for your sailing holiday, our core values help make a positive impact.