Sail the magnificent cruising grounds of the Dalmatian Coast and discover lush islands, sparkling bays and quiet, ancient towns.
Our Croatian sailing school is located in the attractive marina Agana, set in the picturesque village of Marina and overlooked by an old fort. Set sail with your crew mates and an experienced skipper as you learn the ropes out on the Adriatic.
Get ICC qualified and enjoy a fantastic Dalmatian Islands flotilla adventure with our Flotilla Hero package. The most fun, sociable way to get charter ready.
Agana sailing school is open from April to December, with a range of options available for booking. If you'd like to book, please call one of our holiday planners today.
April and November
May and October
|Some experience||Flotilla Hero||**||**||**|
*Prices above are per person based on two people sharing the cabin. For single occupancy prices please talk to our Holiday Planners.
**For availability and Flotilla Zero/ Flotilla Hero prices please talk to our Holiday Planners.
What to bring
- Tickets, money and passport.
- Warm weather gear: a hat, sunglasses, sun cream, shorts, T-shirts, beach towel and swimwear.
- Cool weather gear: a lightweight jacket, comfortable trousers or a tracksuit, deck shoes, sailing boots or white-soled trainers. We do not recommend jeans as they take a long time to dry. For hygiene reasons, we do not hire out sailing footwear.
- Please note: all personal items are brought at your own risk.
- Please only use soft sided folding bags, as they are easier to store on the yacht. However we do have a storage space on base for hard cases.
- Please note: you are advised to bring light waterproofs with you.
- You will be sleeping on board in shared cabins. Sheets, pillows, blankets and shower towel are all provided.
- Bring your belongings in a soft holdall as there is little storage on board.
- Breakfast, lunch and non-alcoholic beverages are provided on board together with one evening meal. You are welcome to purchase locally any extra nibbles you may require, but there are a number of restaurants to dine at every night.
- We do not specifically cater for vegetarian or other dietary needs and we therefore suggest you bring alternative provisions as required.
- Evening meals are at your own expense. Your skipper can recommend good restaurants at each overnight stop.
- You will be expected to help with the cooking, washing up and general housekeeping of the yacht.
You can find additional helpful information in our Agana Sailing School Joining Instructions here.
Log book for RYA courses
We recommend you have an RYA log book for your course. If you have not already ordered a log book you can purchase one from our office. If you ordered one when you made your booking it will be sent out to you.
Recommended reading for RYA courses
RYA practical and/or theory course books. These can be purchased in advance direct from the aftersales team at the Sunsail Port Solent Office or the RYA.
Luggage allowance is 20kg per person. Only one item of hand luggage per person is allowed and this must not weigh more than 5kg. For on board storage we recommend travelling light and using folding luggage.
Luggage lost or damaged in flight is the responsibility of the airline and is not covered by your travel insurance. Thomson Airways carries no liability for loss or damage to valuable or fragile items packed in hold baggage however caused. You must not include in checked baggage money, jewellery, precious metals, computers, personal electronic devices, negotiable papers, securities or other valuables, business documents, passports and other identification documents or samples.
If an incident occurs, immediately report it to airport officials and ensure Property Irregularity Reports (PIR) are completed. Claims will not be considered once you have left the airport.
If you are taking our Thomson Airways flights and wish to enquire about pre booking seats please call the airline direct on 0844 871 1603.
Group seats are available for pre booking through Sunsail. Call the team for more details. Please note: Thomson Airways are unable to provide a priority check-in service for your inbound flight.
This service operates at London Gatwick outbound only.
Split Airport facilities
Eating and drinking: a buffet-style snack bar is located next to the check-in area.
If you have booked a boat only holiday, we request that you send your travel arrangements to us so we can assist with transfer details where required.
Please note: guests arriving separately should bring a copy of the charter contract/invoice. You can elect to pre-book and pay directly to the driver, or organise your own taxi at the airport.
Approximate costs of transfers are listed below:
Split Airport – Agana Marina
Taxi / Minivan
1-3 persons; HRK 342/car
4-8 persons; HRK 570/minivan
9 + persons; HRK 73,00/person
Split Harbour- Agana Marina
Taxi / Minibus
1-3 persons; HRK 570/car
4-8 persons; HRK 137/person
1hr 15 minutes
Zadar Airport – Agana Marina
Taxi / Minibus
1-3 persons; HRK 1.710,00/car
4-8 persons; HRK 2.166,00/minibus
We would highly recommend packing prescription medicine and essential clothing (swimsuit, T-shirt and shorts) in your hand luggage as occasionally your luggage may arrive at the base after you do.
Please pack using soft-sided bags, as these are easier to store on your yacht.
Passport and visas
Customs and immigration
For RYA Day Skipper and Competent Crew courses, your yacht will be already provisioned the five-day course. Breakfast and lunch on board is included every day. In the evenings, you and your crew will normally go ashore to enjoy a meal at a local restaurant. Dinner is provided on board during night sailing sessions.
Children on courses
Children aged 13+. Sunsail welcomes your older children on any of our courses at any time of year, provided they are accompanied by at least one adult. Under 16s can qualify as comp crew, over 16s can become Day Skipper qualified.
- Sewerage management. Always use pump-out facilities in marinas where available. Otherwise, please avoid discharge in busy anchorages and marinas and prevent contamination to humans and bottom sediments/coral reef inhabitants by pumping out as far as possible offshore.
- Avoid pumping oily bilge water or other hazardous substances into the sea.
- Be litter conscious. Never throw rubbish overboard and minimize the use of plastics and non-biodegradable products.
- Observe the laws that govern fish catch sizes, and the touching or handling of marine wildlife.
- Keep a safe distance when viewing marine life, approach side-on and stopping with propellers in neutral.
- Identify dark water areas as possible important shallow ecosystems.
- Use mooring buoys where available over coral reefs. If anchoring, drop anchors in sand, away from living reefs.
- Take care not to crush and break corals and reef dwellings with body parts, fins and equipment when snorkelling or swimming.
- Avoid purchase of marine ornamental souvenirs and the harvest of endangered fish.
Sunsail schools sales office opening hours
The office is open all year:
Mon-Fri from 8am-7pm
Saturday from 9am-7pm
Sunday and Bank Holidays from 10am-5pm
Reservations 023 9222 2224
Aftersales 023 9222 2894
Agana base address
Sunsail Agana Marina
Dr. Franje Tudmana 5
21222 Marina, Croatia
Tel: +385 22 889 477
Our base is situated in Agana Marina in the small village of Marina. Just a short distance from Split airport and the UNESCO heritage towns of Trogir and Split, Marina is the perfect starting point for your visit to Croatia.
Parking at Agana base
Parking spaces are available at the marina. However, we cannot guarantee parking spaces and are not able to reserve them. The marina operates these spaces on a first come first served basis. We do not take responsibility for anything that happens to vehicles using the car parking spaces. The cost for parking is about HRK 38 per day. This is arranged and payable directly to the marina, not Sunsail.
There is an additional car park at the entrance to the marina, in the village. There is no charge for these spaces, however they are outside of the secure marina.